Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remove reply to all in context menu (popup menu) on ms outlook and outlook express

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove reply to all in context menu (popup menu) on ms outlook and outlook express

Hi,
    i need to remove reply to all on context menu/popup menu (the one that apperars when you do right click on an inbox's message on both ms outlook and outlook express)
    i have searched solutions from google but did not find one that applies on both ms outlook and outlook express
    i have tried to use macro on ms outlook but can't do that on outlook express, but it doesn't work anyway
    i have tried using outlook policy on gpo, but it only effect on ms outlook
    can you suggest solutions for my problem?
    thanks in advance

Re: remove reply to all in context menu (popup menu) on ms outlook and outlook expres

You can disable the right click option but it applies right across the operating system. Would this cause a problem?
    11 was a racehorse.
    22 was 12
    1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

Re: remove reply to all in context menu (popup menu) on ms outlook and outlook expres

Note that disabling explorer's context menu (right click) only affects the shell (desktop, windows explorer, taskbar, start menu, etc.). It does not affect applications like Outlook, Word, etc. You may be able to restrict the Reply to All context menu option if there's a corresponding Command Bar ID for that function. I don't have any idea if there is or what it is so you'll have to Google for it. You're probably out of luck with Outlook Express unless you can create your own ADM template to control it's behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        Note that disabling explorer's context menu (right click) only affects the shell (desktop, windows explorer, taskbar, start menu, etc.). It does not affect applications like Outlook, Word, etc.
        You sure Joe? I have gone to sites where right click has been disabled on EVERYTHING. 'Tis a pain in the bum. Was only there a couple of times and had no need to investigate so assumed it was a GPO. If what you say is correct then they may have had a third party tool of a customised ADM.

Apologies to dadidudedo for the diversion.
        11 was a racehorse.
        22 was 12
        1111 race 1 day

************************************************** * ************************************************** ***********
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and click the LIKE option in the bottom right corner **
        ************************************************** ************************************************** ****** * *****

Comment

AFAIK, yes. We disable explorer's context menu in our ASP TS environment and it locks down the shell but not Office apps. I've never found a setting that locks down the apps (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist, only that I haven't found it).

Comment

AFAIK, yes. We disable explorer's context menu in our ASP TS environment and it locks down the shell but not Office apps. I've never found a setting that locks down the apps (which doesn't mean it doesn't exist, only that I haven't found it).
            Thanks Joe and Biggles for your response
            i have found a setting that disable context menu on internet explorer in gpo
            but it doesn't have effect on outlook express
            i have searched google for the solutions, but no luck
            what i found in google is solutions for ms outlook but noone has mention solution for outlook express
            i started to think that this is impossible to disable context menu on outlook express...

Comment

hi,
              searching for hundreds time in google,
              today i found information that IEAK (internet explorer administration kit) can customize outlook express
              not sure, but i will try
              have anyone ever used this IEAK thing?

Comment

The IEAK can customize OE and IE but AFAIK it can't disable the right click menu. I think you're out of luck with OE.

Comment

We have disabled it in Outlook but I think Ctrl-R still works and OWA too. It may be one of those things that takes so much time to sort out it isn't worth it.
                  In regards to OE, why do you have users using it? (out of interest really)
                  cheers
                  Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

The IEAK can customize OE and IE but AFAIK it can't disable the right click menu. I think you're out of luck with OE.
                    you right joe, i have tried IEAK and no setting to disable right click
                    now, i desperate to search solution
                    seems that i have to tell my boss that it's impossible to disable "reply to all" in context menu of outlook express...
                    anymore solutions guys?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
                      We have disabled it in Outlook but I think Ctrl-R still works and OWA too. It may be one of those things that takes so much time to sort out it isn't worth it.
                      In regards to OE, why do you have users using it? (out of interest really)
                      hi andy
                      thanks for your response
                      if you want to completely disable reply to all in context menu include Ctrl-R
                      you should read this :
                      http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/.../msg03224.html
                      hope this help
                      i have to split who use ms outlook and who use outlook express because of licensing issue
                      thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X