Cache-mode - client and delegate show different items

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cache-mode - client and delegate show different items

While in cached mode, the changes that a user made on the calendar I could not see (As i was logged onto the account via OWA), nor could she see the changes I made on the calendar. Once I took her machine off of cached mode, I was able to see things that were created in real time. However, items that were created in cached mode, never showed on the calendar.
    Last edited by Wired; 11th May 2009, 21:49. Reason: fixed bbcode

Re: Cache-mode - client and delegate show different items

What version of Outlook are you using?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

We are using Office 2007 (sp2) just updated and didn't resolve the issue. Exchange 2003 (sp2). Basically if the user closes outlook and opens it - it will update or turns off cache and turns it back on. Users do not close their outlook - they lock their computers so they do not need to wait for the slow response of opening and updating. We are ready to reinstall office 2003 because there are too many calendar issues with Office 2007 - meetings duplicating if there is a delegate who can accept meeting requests. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Why not take Outlook out of cached mode? Are these desktops or laptops? If they're desktops I personally don't see any value in running in cached mode unless the Exchange server is at another site connected via a slow link.

Comment

IIRC Cached mode is required for the junk mail filter to work
          http://hosting.intermedia.net/suppor...ult.asp?id=987
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Is the firewall running on the client machine?
            How about if you try this user on another machine, does it happen then (for testing?)
            cheers
            Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
            X