One use with Outlook RPC error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One use with Outlook RPC error

We have Exchange configured with RPC over https. However I have one remote user who when is on site can connect, but when off site cannot connect with Outlook over RPC. Their profile loads as normal and prompts for password yet sits just saying "trying to connect" then times out. I have tried Outlook /rpcdiag and I never see it establish a connection.

I have remote controlled their machine and added on another user account and tried and it works. So I am left with the thought that it must be their local outlook profile. Anyway to troubleshoot this or repair the profile?

This is driving me nuts.

Re: One use with Outlook RPC error

Any reason you can't retreive anything useful (my docs, favourites, nk2 file) and then nuke the profile?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: One use with Outlook RPC error

Have you tried deleting the Outlook profile and then recreating it. There may be a typo or even corruption in a file.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X