Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sent Items folder disappeared - please help

Hi everybody,
    I am wondering if somebody can help. I managed to perform certain actions (cannot recall exactly what ) that led me to the state when I cannot see the Sent Items folder in Outlook 2007. The same situation when I use OWA - so it is already reflected on the server (Exchange 2007) - not a local Outlook only issue. The good news is that the messages from the Sent Items folder are still in my mailbox and if I perform search in All Mail Items - I can find messages from the Sent Items folder, so it looks like that the Inbox view just screwed. I have an impression that the Sent Items folder is still there but it became "invisible". For example, if I try to create another folder with the name Sent Items - the message appears that the folder with such name already exist.
    Please advice how to get back the Sent Items folder.
    Sincerely,
    Victor.

Re: Sent Items folder disappeared - please help

Have you been doing anything with the folder permissions?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for your reply. No, no changes to permissions. Again I can access the messages from the Sent Items folder using Search from All Mail Items view - so it looks like I am OK with the e-mail access rights in that folder. The Sent Items folder became invisible. The question becomes - how to restore the default Mail box folders structure? What controls that structure?
      Thanks again.
      Sincerely,
      Victor.

Comment

Try starting Outlook from the run box like this: outlook.exe /cleanviews

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion - unfortunatelly it didn't help. As instructed, I ran
          outllok.exe /cleanview from the Run prompt - no Sent Items appeared as a result.

Comment

Did you run /cleanview or /cleanviews?

Comment

Working...
            X