Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Inbox folders for all to see. "Exc 2003 & Ou

To Whom it may concern.
    How & where can I save all the mails of en employee that is leaving the company so that the other people can view these emails & continue with the project. Is it possible to save the complete inbox or sent items folder instead of one email at a time?. This could take days to do.
    Thanks.
    Charles.

E-mail client?

You can archive the e-mail in outlook.
    You can drag the mails in public folders.
    Or you can save all the inbox content in a personal folders named as data file with file extension of pst
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Saving Inbox folders for all to see. Exc 2003 & Outlook

Outlook 2003.
      Thanks.

Comment

Just allow access to his existing mailbox to the other members of staff you wish to access. Then setup his mailbox as an additional mailbox within outlook, on these staff.

topper
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Thanks.
          I have one problem this is on a notebook & this person has resigned & there are loads of e-mails that need to be saved somewhere else. This notebook is going to be given to another employee.

Charles.

Comment

So you are not using exchange ?

If it's a PST file then you will have to give everyone a copy you cannot have multiple access to one PST file.

And since you are not using exchange you cannot dump it to a public folder.

topper.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion.
              My customer is using Exchange 2003 & Outlook 2003.
              Which is the best way to make this info available to other users. This user name will be delete from the system. As a matter of interest she was alos using a personal folder to save some mail.

Charles.

Comment

Don't delete the account until you've finished with the mail, just disable it.

Then give everyone access to that mailbox, as per my previous post.

As for the PST file just import it into the mailbox under a new sub folder.

Then you can ensure everything is backed up throughout the project, and remove when finished. It will also ensure evryone is reading off the same page, and will also save you disk space from having multiple copies of the same PST file floating around.

topper.

Comment

Working...
                X