Public Folders - Again..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Folders - Again..

In our Company we have 7 groups, i want to give each group a calendar for their sales meetings which will be controlled by the group secretary. Once a week the chairman Secretary wants all these meetings in one calendar so she/he can see all sales meetings in the comapny. I dont want to create just one company sales meeting calendar as everyone in each group will see each others meetings. How is the best way to do this, use public folder calendars or private ones, in any case, how can the chairmans secretary merge all the information into one calender.

I thought one way would be to mail enable the chairmans calendar and get the secretaries to email that calendar when creating the meeting, or is there another way to merge calendars.

Thx
    ________
    Yamaha WR450
    Last edited by Richie; 19th January 2011, 19:43.

Create one user account for each calendar you need, you can disable this account. Then give to the appropriate secretarys the rights to can manage that calendar of that account. Did you understand?!
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Okay, So now we would have 7 calendars, (what does creating a new user give us - why not create a new calendar in the local secretaries mailbox or use public folder calanders) I still have a requirement for all the information from all 7 calendars to be collected into one.

Regards
      ________
      buy silversurfer vaporizer
      Last edited by Richie; 19th January 2011, 19:43.

Comment

I was thinking in different schedulers because each secretary need differents schedulers right?
        You need just one?! Create one scheduler in public folders?
        MCSE w2k
        MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
        MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

I think were not on the same wavelength, if i have one calendar, everyone in each group will be able to see it, ie they will see all the sales meetings of all the groups, by having 1 calendar per group, only the group members see their own meetings. The top secretary needs to access ALL the info. Now she could view each calendar separately but i was wondering if there was a way to merge the 7 seperate calendars into one.

Regards
          ________
          Suzuki TM400
          Last edited by Richie; 19th January 2011, 19:44.

Comment

Working...
          X