No announcement yet.

Cant list Contacts into Exchange Addressbook List

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant list Contacts into Exchange Addressbook List

I have problems when trying to add my Outlook Contacts as an Adressbook List. I am the sysadmin myself and suspect Its all about the Office installation and its options that were chosen.

The steps i need to work is:
    In Outlook, R-C contacts, in the menu, choose properties, click the outlook-addressbook tab, mark the checkbox for "show this folder as an email adressbook", klick ok to finish.

This checkbox that Im suppost to check is greyed out.

The problem affects all users as they are using this installation in a Citrix PS 4.5 environment. Exchange Offline cashe is not enabled in this installation (if that is causing this).

How do I corect this so I can enabled the function of marking a Contact list so Its listed In Exchange Address List?

Henrik Arenblad
    Last edited by Henrik arenblad; 28th March 2009, 14:57. Reason: To clarify what Im doing when the problems occurs

Re: Cant list Contacts into Exchange Addressbook List

I found the answer my self.

The answer Is...

In Outlook go to -> tools -> email accounts -> start wizard -> add adressbook -> add contacts -> Finish wizard and restart Outlook.

Follow my own instructions in the thread of how to add the contacts as a adresslist.

Re: Cant list Contacts into Exchange Addressbook List

Well done, and thanks for posting back!
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **