Outlook 07' on domain machine asking for creds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 07' on domain machine asking for creds

I have 2 users both of which are Domain machines running XP using Outlook 2007 RPC over HTTP all of a sudden Outlook prompts them for their passwords and keeps asking and wont connect.

I have had then both connect to the VPN change their passwords, reboot and still the same issues. Both running Office SP1 and latest windows updates.

I can confirm RPC over HTTP is working for me and I am also using Office 2007 on XP. Having then connect to the VPN they are not prompted for any creds.

Re: Outlook 07' on domain machine asking for creds

I have seen this on our vpn when connecting to exchange.
    I have to put the username in as : DOMAIN\USERNAME then put the password in and tick the box.
    It usually occurs after they have locked the account out while on the vpn.

Comment

Originally posted by Octagon View Post
      I have seen this on our vpn when connecting to exchange.
      I have to put the username in as : DOMAIN\USERNAME then put the password in and tick the box.
      It usually occurs after they have locked the account out while on the vpn.
      I have tried this also, still no luck...

Comment

In credential manager, specify the saved credentails in the form
        "*.domainname" FQDN format instead of "Servername.domainname".

Start->Run->"Control keymgr.dll" (without quotes).
        Click Add, in the "Server" option mention *.domainname.
        Type username, password and click ok.Close the "Stored User Names and Passwords"
        window

Comment

Originally posted by e_aravind View Post
          In credential manager, specify the saved credentails in the form
          "*.domainname" FQDN format instead of "Servername.domainname".

Start->Run->"Control keymgr.dll" (without quotes).
          Click Add, in the "Server" option mention *.domainname.
          Type username, password and click ok.Close the "Stored User Names and Passwords"
          window
          Didnt work...

When opening Outlook 07 they get the box prompting them for their username and password. Noticed in the header of the box it has the servername.domain.org that have anything to do with that is going on here?

Comment

I'd guess the problem is that the client can't find the DC to authenticate. So often that means a DNS problem. If you're using a VPN there's more opportunity for the DNS to either point to the wrong server or suffer a firewall block.
            I use a notebook that is frequently disconnected, reconnected on different networks etc. And I use offline files. When I reconnect to the network I can't do much until I synchronize files. It seems to me (but I don't have the theory to back it up) that it is easier for a UNC connection to re-authenticate, and once that's done everything else that is "domain", like Outlook-Exchange, works too.

The DNS check for DC is quick and easy to do: set type=SRV and search for your domain (from the client workstation, of course).

Comment

Make sure you have MSSTD:fqdn.domain.com in the Outlook Anywhere configuration.

nd tick "only connect to servers with this certificate" or which ever option it is (ottomh)

I managed to fix this issue with our OA solution the other dya.. it would always prompt for authentication on open.

Have you tried recreating their RPC profiles ?
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

AFAIK Outlook with RPC over HTTPS will ALWAYS prompt for password..

Comment

Working...
                X