Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Outlook 2003 Rules

Hello,

I want that all messages I send are relocated in specific folders.

My problem is that the only thing the "Rules" allow me to do is to copy the outgoing messages to the folders I want.

I want to move the outgoing messages to the specific folders.

Can anyone help?

Thank you very much!

Re: Help on Outlook 2003 Rules

Are you a domain member connecting to Exchange? If so, what version of Exchange? What protocols etc. are you using for sending and receiving emails? Are all emails only saved locally?

Comment

Yes, I am connected to Exchange. The Server uses Windows Server 2003.
      The version of the exchange is 6.5.7226.0
      I receive the mails through my outlook but all of then are saved on server. Then, if I open my outlook in any other computer it will always be updated.

I think my problem does not concern the server, it seems to be an outlook 2003 issue.

I have many rules for received e-mails and there is no problem.

My problem is that I can not create an rule that moves (not copy) the messages I send (not receive) to the specific folders. The outlook does not let me create it because there is no such option anywere I have looked.

Thank you!!!

Comment

The problem may be that the rule needs to be set server side. Do you locally cache emails?

Comment

What is the meaning for locally cache e-mails?

Locally means my computer?

Cache means what?

The data is stored on both my computer and server. The server does not download the mails from the internet. I must do it on my PC and then the server put it on its database.

If I make a rule here the Server also stores it. And if I open my exchange on a different PC, the rules will be there too.

I did not understand your question, so I said these things in order for you to deduce the answer. sorry.

Thanks!!!

Comment

You can set Outlook to cache copies of emails that are stored on the Exchange server. Caching is set if you can still read your emails when the computer is disconnected from the network.

Comment

All right.

Yes, I can read the while I am disconected. Also, if I change an e-mail to one folder while disconected, when I conect the server will save that change on its database.

Tks!

Comment

I believe it should. Give it a test to find out. If the test works then maybe Outlook rules will work for it. I will give it some thought with regards to your initial question now we know more or hopefully, others will also know.

Comment

Hello,

It works when network is off indeed.

I appreciate your help. I receive lots of e-mails everyday, my job consists of trading e-mails actually.

Therefore this little help you are giving me is a huge help I am receiving.

Thank you very much.

Comment

I have been searching and found out that it may be possible to make an "add-in" to move the messages as I want to.

The problem is I have no idea on how to do an add-in.

Can anyone help?

thank you!!!

Comment

Not sure whether this site will help.

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        I have been searching and found out that it may be possible to make an "add-in" to move the messages as I want to.

The problem is I have no idea on how to do an add-in.

Can anyone help?

thank you!!!
                        or a VBA script?

Tom
                        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I do not know exactly whether VBA also works. But if you teach me I can give it a try.

...could not find anything on the website....but thanks!

Thank you

Comment

I don't write VBA myself; but I do know that:

(a) it is "event driven" and could be triggered by sending a message
                            (b) it is designed to do things in an Office application which a user could do, but in an automated way
                            (c) it is extremely powerful

So - it could very VERY likely do what you require.

Tom
                            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
                            X