Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 03 Login Prompts

Hello all
    I have a shared computer, where all users logon to the computer with a single user id and have seperate domain IDs for Outlook 03 (EX07). Our support person has setup all the profiles to "prompt for profile" and also "prompt for password".

However ... after a user has logged on to Outlook once, any other user can choose that profile and is NOT prompted for a password.

Logging out the shared user account on the PC fixes the problem until someone logs into Outlook again but these PCs will probably stay logged into the shared user account all he time.

What can I do to FORCE Outlook to login even after a first succesfull login ?

thanks much.

Re: Outlook 03 Login Prompts

Not sure if this would help
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299377
    as you don't state how you connect.

Usually I would recommend having different profiles though. Any reason why not?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      Not sure if this would help
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299377
      as you don't state how you connect.
      Usually I would recommend having different profiles though. Any reason why not?
      Users are connecting to EX07 over a fast wan link.
      The reg keys in the KB article dont seem to exist in Outlook 03 or 07 though.
      I poked around my laptops registry for something similar but found nothing.

If you mean you would recommend "different logins per user", then I would totally agree, but the client doesnt want these users logging onto and off of PCs all day, just to briefly check email. Not my idea I can assure you ... each user does have a seperate Outlook profile, just all setup under one domain logon ID on the PC. Again ... not my idea or recommendation.

thanks much for the fast responce.
      I'll post the resolution once it is found.

take care.

Comment

Resolution - Disable Exchange Cached Mode in all the Outlook profiles.

thanks much!

Comment

Thanks for posting back and sharing your solution Ultraslide. It is appreciated and will help others in the future.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Alternate option: Uninstall Outlook and have them check email via OWA
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X