No announcement yet.

Problem in pop3 account configuration.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem in pop3 account configuration.

HI All,

I am working as a system administrator in a gaming company around with 90 systems.we are using pop3 accounts to send and receive mails...

I have one problem with pop3 accounts...

Problem is, We have Three pop3 accounts..

1) [email protected]
    2) [email protected]
    3) [email protected]

These three accounts are in same mail pop3 mail server.I configure these three accounts in one user profile...

I create three .pst files for these three accounts.Names of .pst files is Test1,Test2 and Test3..

Suppose i send a test mail to above three accounts (test1,test2 and test3), All mails are directley stored under [email protected] account because this is default mail delivery .pst..This is my big problem..because i have trouble to find out other mails which other accounts (test2 and test3)..

My Requirement is

1) When user send mail to [email protected], it should come under test1 inbox when press on send and receive.
    2) When user send mail to [email protected], it should come under test2 inbox when press on send and receive.
    3) When user send mail to [email protected], it should come under test3 inbox when press on send and receive.

please help me..

Thanks in Advance...

Happy New Year to All Friends..

Re: Problem in pop3 account configuration.

Have you looked at Outlook Rules to move incoming messages from one PST to another

Outlook cannot deliver to multiple locations but you can organise them based on the account they are received from
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Problem in pop3 account configuration.

To solve your problem, simply create a rule like this:

in Outlook 2003, go to Tools\ Rules & alerts \ New rule\ Start from a blank rule & Check messages when they arrive \ Next \ Through the specified account
      test3 \ Move it to the specified folder Inbox fm test3 .

It should be nice to create a rule for sending messages, in order to see both incoming & outgoing mails for one particular account.
      You can run these rules (2 for incoming & 2 for outgoing) on the Inbox of test1 to deliver emails to the proper locations.

Comment

Working...
      X