Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add a member to a group but for that member to be "hidden"

Hi Everyone!

I am new to this Forum and wishing every body a Happy New Year 2009!

I have a query.. I any one can help me .. it would be very helpful for me..

My question is :

Q.Is there a way to add a member to a group but for that member to be "hidden". T

That means, when a mail would send to that group, everybody will receive that email and see others email address (or the group email address) but cannot see one persons email address, who also listed on the group.

Please let me know if i could made my question clear.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Add a member to a group but for that member to be "hidden"

ok, you have not provided anywhere near enough info to help out.

what group are you refering too?

is this a local recepient list or an exchange distribution group?

Its been awhile since I have dealt with Exchange but isnt there a hide membership option availible????

maybe one of the petri geniuses can confirm.

Comment

Re: Add a member to a group but for that member to be "hidden"

This is the Outlook forum, so assuming this is an Outlook distribution list and not an Exchange distribution group. If this is indeed an Outlook distribution list...

When creating an Outlook distribution list, you can only add recipients to the list. You can't define how mail is delivered to the recipients. The only way to control this is within the message itself. You could add the list as To: and then add additional recipients as BCC: if you wish to hide add-on address but still make the list addresses visible to others.

You can also add the entire list as BCC: which would hide all addresses from all recipients.
      Last edited by ahinson; 31st December 2008, 05:40.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X