Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook 2003 and sync problems

hello,

i have 2 more questions on outlook and sync problems (see prevous question)

... one of the users has 2 pop accounts that i have setup with their exchange account on their laptop. when there away from the office they use remote desktop to access their email. the 2 pop accounts are not showing up in their logon (because i havnt set them up). if i setup the 2 pop accounts in their remote desktop outlook will it cause any problems??

The boss has flown to perth with his laptop (it is cache enable in outlook and he has setup 2 other pop accounts besides his exchange email in outlook on his laptop). On the way he opened his outlook and created some emails and then pressed send. The emails have move to the outbox waiting to connect to be send once connected to the internet (as u know). When he gets to perth his uses dialup to access internet…..
    WHAT HAPPENS TO THE EMAILS HE HAS IN HIS OUTBOX, AS HE IS NOT CONNECTING THRU HIS REMOTE DESTOP? WILL THEY SEND AND APPEAR IN HIS OUTLOOK SENT ITEMS WHEN HE RETURNS TO OFFICE AND SYNCS OUTLOOK (SYNC)?

appreciate any advice.

cheers

peter
    Peter Elliott

If he is sending them through his exchange account then they will sit in his outbox until he connects online to your exchange server.

Best to send them through the POP accounts (if you have an SMTP relay setup), although ISP restriction will porbably stop him relaying from his Business email address.

topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
    X