Outlook not updating free/busy information to server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook not updating free/busy information to server

Hi, I have two users whose free/busy information is not appearing correct to other people. Restarting outlook fixing this problem. Again this problem is not consistant, it is appearing very randomly. I am not suspecting any problems with exchange servers free/busy folder replication because, restarting outlook fixing the problem and for other users it is working fine.

Any one know why outlook is unable to update free/busy though it is configured to do at every 15 minutes interval?

Re: Outlook not updating free/busy information to server

Help us out here...

What version/SP of Outlook? Up to date?

What version / SP / edition of Windows? Up to date?

What version / SP / edition of Exchange? Up to date?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Outlook/Windows/Exchange are running with latest patches and service packs.

Comment

Yes, but which version of Outlook (97, 98, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007....)
        Which version of Windows?
        Which version of Exchange?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have you tried rebuilding their Outlook profiles?
          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Outlook 2003 SP3
            Exchange 2003 SP2
            Windows XP SP2

All are running with latest patches. I tried to rebuild outlook also. But the problem remains.

Comment

FYI, Office 2003 SP3 is not the latest patch. SP4 has been out for quite some time now. Ditto Windows XP SP2 - SP3 has been out for a while.
              Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                FYI, Office 2003 SP3 is not the latest patch. SP4 has been out for quite some time now. Ditto Windows XP SP2 - SP3 has been out for a while.
                SP4 for Outlook 2003 looks like it's only for BCM installations. Can't find a SP4 for Office 2003.

Comment

Hi

Have you tried running "Outlook /cleanfreebusy" switch on the PC/Users experiencing the problems?

It has not resolved my issue but it is recommended for outlook calendering instabilities .

Good luck...

Comment

Working...
                  X