How free/busy information will get updated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How free/busy information will get updated

Though the answer to my question is very straight forward, I want to know how this will work in below scenario.

In my organization, we use Outlook calendaring for managing conference room resources. We have around ten conference rooms(10 mailboxes) and we have granted to rights(full) to a mailing list where all reception people will be member of. They take care of accepting/rejecting meeting requests by adding all ten conference room calendars into their outlook. And there is a outlook rule configured in conference room mailbox to forward all rules to reception mailing list. So any meeting request sent to conference room mailbox will get forwarded to Reception mailing list and they approve it from their mailboxes.

And I have disabled login IDs of all the conference rooms to ensure that no one tries to login except reception people who already has permissions.

So now my question is, say today one reception person is responsible for accepting/rejecting meeting requests coming from users, she/he accepts the requests from his/her mailbox and a entry will be made in conference room mailbox calendar because it is added to receptionist outlook. In this case, receptionist outlook is responsible for uploading the free/busy information of all conference room mailboxes or is there any other process which uploads the free busy conference room calendars? Also I want to make a note here that, we are not opening conference room mailbox anywhere except adding it in receptionist outlook as additional calendar.

Please let me know if my question is not clear.

Thanks,
    Sitaram

Re: How free/busy information will get updated

Dude, much easier ways to manage conference room resources, your making you life way more complicated then it needs to be.

Direct booking will automate this process for you so that the rooms manage themselves.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291616

Comment

Thanks Tony for your reply. But I am looking to know how free/busy will work in this case.

Any thoughts from other members?

Thanks,
      Sitaram

Comment

Originally posted by TonyROZe View Post
        Dude, much easier ways to manage conference room resources, your making you life way more complicated then it needs to be.

Direct booking will automate this process for you so that the rooms manage themselves.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291616
        The trouble with this is that from what I saw when I looked at it, it doesn't afford the feature currently in use of requiring somebody to accept or reject bookings.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Any comments on my query?

Thanks,
          Sitaram

Comment

Working...
          X