OST scan produces "Hidden Message" entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OST scan produces "Hidden Message" entry

I'm running Outlook 2007 on an XP Pro (SP2) machine to a 2003 Exchange server via RPC over HTTP.

Recently, I've been getting several synch errors on a daily basis. When I run scanOST, the following entry is in the log file:

The message with the subject 'Hidden Message' exists in the offline folder file but not in your mailbox on Microsoft Exchange

Any insight into rectifying this, short of deleting a rebuilding the OST file, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: OST scan produces "Hidden Message" entry

Searching for that message on google

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ec2a8659724c66

So maybe dropping to non-cached mode and checking for the email? (maybe even on another host?)
    Does OWA show anything?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      Searching for that message on google

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ec2a8659724c66

So maybe dropping to non-cached mode and checking for the email? (maybe even on another host?)
      Does OWA show anything?
      Thanks for the reply Andy. I viewed that post a while back and the problem I have with that particular resolution is this: "I'd drop out of cached mode, blow away .ost file, verify the folders are there, and then put the client back into cached mode and wait for the resync to finish"

As I said in my original post, I want to hold short of deleting my OST file as it's over 2.5GB and re-syncing via RPC over HTTP is not something I want to jump into. Taking the workstation to the server isn't much of an option either.

However, if that's the ONLY solution I'm able to find, I may have to consider deleting the OST or just put up with the odd synch error.

Comment

Normally I would say that is the best way anyway but the reply after that comment was "Rich, it looks like going out of cached mode did the trick!" so have you just tried that?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X