Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insert jewish birthdate outlook contacts

Dear All,
    There is a birthday field in outlook 2003 contacts but it only allows use of gregorian calendar dates. I have the jewish calendar installed but these months Kislev etc and the years 5711 etc are not available in this field. If I define a user field will my scheduler know how to send out a birthday greeting to my contact on the correct day?
    Thanks,
    Gila

Re: insert jewish birthdate outlook contacts

According to the info here: http://www.gassner.co.il/jewish-calendar/ current versions of Outlook support this, however that's not something I can guarantee.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: autoschedule Jewish calendar birthdays

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      According to the info here: http://www.gassner.co.il/jewish-calendar/ current versions of Outlook support this, however that's not something I can guarantee.
      thanks for your answer but the calendar itself is not my problem.
      to clarify my point I would say that I have 2 friends in my outlook contacts both with the same gregorian birthday 2nd of May. My friend A was born on 2nd May 1919 and my friend B was born on 2nd of May 1920. If I were to schedule sending birthday greetings in my autorepeat gregorian calendar they would both receive birthday wishes on the same day each gregorian year. However friend A was born on 2nd Iyar 5679 and friend B was born on 14th Iyar 5680 so they have different Jewish calendar birthdays.

My question is how do I autoschedule Jewish calendar birthdays?

Thanks.
      Gila

Comment

Ah ok I think I understand your requirements now. Does http://www.jewishcalendartools.com/checkout.php?id=4 look like something that would do what you want?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

You should schedule it as a calendar item, however it would not be tied directly to the contact.

Create a new appointment, select recurrence, yearly recurrence pattern, select the hebrew lunar calendar, OK, add my birthday and don't forget the presents

This way is actually the preferred method since the link between the contact and the birthday can break easily if you add the birthday in the contact field.
          "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

import a csv file into outlook hebrew lunar calendar

Originally posted by Lior_S View Post
            You should schedule it as a calendar item, however it would not be tied directly to the contact.

Create a new appointment, select recurrence, yearly recurrence pattern, select the hebrew lunar calendar, OK, add my birthday and don't forget the presents

This way is actually the preferred method since the link between the contact and the birthday can break easily if you add the birthday in the contact field.
            Thanks. I understand your answer but I have a csv file with 200 contacts with names,email addresses, gregorian birthdates and I am adding Jewish birthdays using HebCal.
            Is there someway to add these lines i.e. multiple tasks to their respective hebrew lunar calendar days with recurrence factor so I wouldn't have to manually add them as events or tasks in the calendar?
            In short my question is really how do I import a csv file into outlook hebrew lunar calendar sorted by hebrew date including reccurence factor?
            Thanks,
            Gila

Comment

So far it looks like no; you cannot import (or export) an appointment as a recurrence. You can import your list but then you would have to edit each one to mark as a yearly event and convert to a lunar year.

If I think of something else I will post back.

Note: You may find a third party app that will work, but I have not looked.
              "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Working...
              X