X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outlook 2003 help needed

I am having trouble with a few things
    I am using 2003 outlook basic
    1) I can no longer see who is sending me a message (sender name has disappeared) how do I reset this???...been searching all around and can't find a setting for this
    2) I have 6800 inbox emails...if I archive can I retrieve easily? I archived a couple of times and can't get those emails back..what am I doing wrong? (My new years resolution is to learn how to organize the emails in their folders!!!)
    3) I use verizon as my email server. I recently hooked up a video phone that uses the FIOS internet service to allow me to make phone calls. some people are telling me they arent' getting my emails..could this new phone be interferring with my emails??
    thanks in advance if you can help

Re: outlook 2003 help needed

For number 1 it sounds like you removed the 'from' field. This is easy to remedy. Right click the grey bar where the 'From,received,size' etc fields are. Select 'Customise current view' then click on the fields tab. Move the fields you want to see on outlook into the right hand box and you will be done.

2:If you archive then you can retrieve easily. Just make sure you know exactly where your archive file resides. I usually move it from the default location and put it into a folder within my documents as its easier to get to it.

3: I don't think the phone would be interfering with your mail delivery.

If you need more help just ask.

Comment

Do you have 6,800 emails in just the Inbox and no other folders? If so then I would suggest you start creating folders and get the Inbox down below 5,000 or even better 500 or less.

You may find the missing info returns once you have the Inbox below the 5,000 number.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

thanks for all the help
        ii need to try to archive again

I have a ton of emails that I Do need to sort and put in specific folders...these are conversations with property managers that I need to keep..so I did make folders for each of those properties..now I need to understand how to locate all those that I want to keep easily without sorting one by one...
        is there a way to search by a keyword or email address or persons name so I bring up all those related to that property??if you can explain that would be so great.

Comment

Use Instant Search. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...305851033.aspx

Bugger, just noticed you have Outlook 2003. Well then try this. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro.../indexing.mspx Install by using Microsoft Update and the Custom button. It is in the Software, Optional updates window.
          Last edited by biggles77; 26th December 2008, 18:34. Reason: Added info
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X