ANSI / Unicode PSTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANSI / Unicode PSTS

We have a large number of users with pst archives and we are about to install a peice of archiving software (C2C systems Archive one) and part of the pre-req's asks if the psts are ANSI or Unicode. We are looking for a way to determine this (other than by size) and we came across a link to listpsts.exe from http://www.maclean.com/ but I cannot find a link to the file on the site. This program will apparently search the entire drive and display all the psts it finds and tell you the format. If anyone has a link to this or has a copy of the exe we could arrange to download or mail it would be greatly appreciated.

Keith.

Re: ANSI / Unicode PSTS

Did you get an error when you tried the link on his website? It works fine for me.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

The website works fine but the link the that I found was for listpsts.exe which was supposedly a free utility to purely list which files are ANSI and which are Unicode. I have no need at the moment to convert until I can find out how many ANSI files I have. If you have any other ideas about how to find out which is which without having to log on to every client machine that would also cure my problem.

Comment

The link to ListPSTs on his website works fine for me. It links to a zip file containing the executable and a text file of the licence. What is the problem you're having when you try to download the file?
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Would you mind posting the link, I have just scoured the site and cannot see a link or even a mention of listpsts (other than in the description for upstart) on any of the pages. Perhaps I need to get some new glasses

Comment

http://www.maclean.com/upstart/listpsts.html

Went straight there by Googling "site:maclean.com listpsts"
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Many thanks, saved me a lot of time although I still can't see the link on the website you originally pointed me at, what page is it on ?? and how do I give you the rep points?
              Last edited by Utilize; 9th December 2008, 15:32.

Comment

I didn't go through the website, I searched for it.

Originally posted by gforceindustries
                Went straight there by Googling "site:maclean.com listpsts"
                Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
                X