Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outlook 2003: Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : e-mail server rejected login

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003: Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : e-mail server rejected login

Greetings: using Outlook 2003 under XP os for couple of years; recently when clicking the send/receive button the “enter network password” window pops up which already contains the correct username and password. This window continues to pop up until cancelled. After cancelling the “send/receive progress” window states “Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties.” I have researched this and can find no solution; any ideas?

Re: Outlook 2003: Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : e-mail server rejected log

What sort of account is it - POP, IMAP, Exchange?

Have you checked if the password is correct...
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Outlook 2003: Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : e-mail server rejected log

Thanks you . . . the incoming server is POP3, the outgoing is SMTP. Yes, the user name and password is correct. In addition, I have run virus scans from 3 different vendors which McAffee, Regcure and StopZilla.

Comment

Try removing and re-adding the POP account to Outlook. Close and restart Outlook before adding it again.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I tried removing the POP account then reentered the information after a re-start of Outlook. Still receive the same error message. At this point I will contact my email hosting service once again to make sure there are no problems at the hosting end. I will repost here if the problem remains. Still, I will check here periodically in the event additional ideas are presented. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT!

Comment

Have you tried to telnet into the account?

A quick came up with this http://www.awebhosting.com/help/outlook_xp/errors.html
            Last edited by g00ner; 20th November 2008, 09:57.
            If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

If you have run through the settings with your ISP and they are correct (and not anti-virus pass throughs) then you could check you don't have proxy settings setup somewhere. Is this a home machine not connected to anything else?

If you ping the name of your servers what IP address comes back? Is it the correct one?
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I will attempt those suggestions and will report back. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Comment

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP! I did a telnet check as well as pinged the ISP (after discovering their numeric address) as was able to connect to the server. Thus, the screw up came from the ISP which was corrected on their end. I learned a lot and am back in business. thanks

Comment

Glad you got it sorted, thanks for posting back.
                    cheers
                    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I do like a good news story.
                      If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Comment

Working...
                      X