Cannot search .pst files - Outlook 2007 on Vista

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot search .pst files - Outlook 2007 on Vista

I'm having trouble searching through PST files in Outlook 07 on Vista. The file is completely indexed and I've rebuilt the index, but when I type something in the search box I just get "No matches found for "%searchword%". This is really driving me crazy. It doesn't matter what I search for. Even if it's an email that I'm looking at before searching, it won't pull it up.

Re: Cannot search .pst files - Outlook 2007 on Vista

Is Outlook fully up to date?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Yes. what's more, I'm not the only one having trouble. I was just speaking to my supervisor and she can't search PSTs since she installed Desktop search 4. I know that's similar to what Vista uses natively. I'm thinking there's a correlation.

Comment

While this is unofficial and off the record, there are a number of articles on the web viciously slating Desktop Search as being as useful as Michael Jackson in a nursery (ok, so tasteful humour is dull ). Go through all of the settings twice to be sure you've not missed anything - the default is to not search everywhere, even if you tell it to search everywhere.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Ok... I'll see if I can find anywhere else to change the settings.

Comment

Working...
          X