Airtel connection with Vsnl account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airtel connection with Vsnl account

Airtel broadband and have an internet accout from vsnl. Kindly guide me as to how to configure the outgoing mail server in outlook express.

I had configured Out going smtp.vsnl.com
    Incoming mail.vsnl.com

in above configuration I am getting the mails but i can't able to send the mail.

When I was check with vsnl , vsnl account work only if you use vsnl dial-up. In my new laptop internal moden not there. but I need to use Vsnl account.

They telling that you need to mention outgoing address should be Airtel smtp server.

Is't that right.

Kindly provide me the steps need to do. or if need to change the outgoing address kindly provide me the same.

Thanks prasad.
    Best Regards,
    Prasad

Re: Airtel connection with Vsnl account

The only answer is to contact your email provider and ask them. We cannot possibly know the correct setup to work with all ISPs and all email providers here.

Sorry.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

99% of ISPs have instructions on their website for configuring client software. If yours doesn't, give them a call.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

You could try opening the properties of the account in OE and select the servers tab. There is an option for the Outgoing Mail Server that states "My server requires authentication" try putting in your details there and testing again.
        Failing that you may have to speak to your ISP as previously suggested.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

In this VSNL not able to help it.

I called up airtel customer care 121 they ask me to register my VSNL account with airtel below link.

http://relay.airtelbroadband.in/

after registration I have changed outgoing address relay.airtelbroadband.in

Now its working fine.

Note: the above setup will work only with registered airtel internet.
          Best Regards,
          Prasad

Comment

Thanks for posting back.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
            X