No announcement yet.

2007 Send Mail Broken

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Send Mail Broken

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 running on Server 2003 Standard SP2.

Office 2007 Standard running under XP SP2.

Exchange Server is only being used for mailbox store. That is, each local Outlook Client has two mail accounts set up, the default is a POP3 account with send/receive on and the second is an exchange account to store messages with send/receive disabled.

From within Outlook 2007, creating a new message and attaching a file everything works as expected (message appears in outbox and is sent at the appropriate schedule). From within any application that supports sendmail (ie Word, Excel, Acrobat Reader, etc.), a new message dialogue appears as expected with the appropriate file already attached as expected and once the user clicks "Send" the message appears in the Users outbox where it will stay until it is opened by the user and "Send" is clicked.

Attachment size makes no difference. The attachment can even be deleted from the initial message before the first Send and the behavior is the same.

At this point, I do not believe this is an attachment issue based on my tests. I believe it has something to do with the scheduling flags on the message not getting set.

Any help is greatly appreciated.