Outlook 2003 and Office 2007 - Coexistence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 and Office 2007 - Coexistence

I have Outlook 2003 and Office 2007 installed. No other Office 2003 is installed with the exception of outlook. Same goes with Office 2007 - Outlook2007 is not installed. Everytime, I start Outlook 2003, I get the message "Please wait while windows configures Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007". This comes up everytime Outlook 2003 is restarted. How do I make this error go away or have Outlook 2003 stop registering with Office 2007? Thank you in advance.

Re: Outlook 2003 and Office 2007 - Coexistence

Flagged for moving to Outlook forum.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Moved.....
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Have you tried to do a repair of your 2003 installation??

We currently have Office XP and Office 2003 working happily together.

Comment

You can't have multiple Outlook versions on the same computer. It works with the other components, not with Outlook.
          Quote from the MS article Information about using 2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office :

Multiple versions of Outlook
          Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 cannot coexist with any earlier version of Microsoft Outlook. When you install Outlook 2007, the Setup program removes Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Outlook 2002, and Microsoft Outlook 2000. The Setup program removes these versions of Outlook even if you click to select the Keep these programs check box in the Removing Previous Versions dialog box. Versions of Microsoft Outlook that are earlier than Outlook 2000 will not be detected for removal. However, if you do not remove versions of Outlook that are earlier than Outlook 2000, both versions of Outlook will be unstable
          QED

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
            You can't have multiple Outlook versions on the same computer. It works with the other components, not with Outlook.
            Quote from the MS article Information about using 2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office :

QED
            Thanks for your reply Sorinso. I do not have a multiple Outlook installed. I only have Outlook 2003 installed. In the Office 2007, I did a custom install and de-selected Outlook 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
              Have you tried to do a repair of your 2003 installation??

We currently have Office XP and Office 2003 working happily together.
              Thanks Wullieb1. I did a repair on Office 2003, but the messag still appears.

Comment

Working...
              X