Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot reopen attachments in outlook

Hi,

When i try to open any email attachment for the second time i get the message 'operation failed'.However it works fine in OWA.

steps tried

removed and reinstalled adobe 8
    installed sp3

will upgrading to adobe 9 make a difference ?

Thanks

Sri

Re: Cannot reopen attachments in outlook

Does this happen on another machine or just this one?
    Have you tried a new profile on this machine?

You don't make it specifically clear if this is a PDF you want to open, nor which version of outlook.
    Do you still get the message if you close outlook, wait 30 secs then go back in?
    Anything in the event log?
    Are you a local admin?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

What operating system and which version of Outlook? What product was "SP3" for?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi Andy and Gforce,

Thanks for the reply.Well,another user could not open any pdf attachments in outlook 2003.I cleaned up the outlook secure temp folder in the registry which fixed it.However that did not work in this scenario.

Outlook 2003 is the version with the updates
        The user has local profile and not a roaming one.Will checking in an another PC help ? The user has admin rights on this pc

When outlook is started for the first time it works.When you open the attachment for the second time then the msg 'opeartion failed'.If you close outlook and then open it will work for the first time and then the same thing happens

Sri

Comment

Tried reinstalling Outlook?
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X