why I got the out of office reply?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why I got the out of office reply?

i emailed "all staff", normally i don't get any "out of office" reply, but today i did.

what does it mean? does it mean this person is not included in the distribution list? but he got the email.

i'm so confusing.

help

tks.

Re: why I got the out of office reply?

Hi, it sounds like you e-mailed staff and got an out of office reply from a person who is part of the staff distribution group who had his out of office turned on.

You could check ur distribution group members, and check if that guy has his out of office on.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by uk_network View Post
      Hi, it sounds like you e-mailed staff and got an out of office reply from a person who is part of the staff distribution group who had his out of office turned on.

You could check ur distribution group members, and check if that guy has his out of office on.

there are at least 300 members in this distribution group, and i am pretty sure the guy is not the only one who turns the "out of office" notification on.

I e-mailed this group couple times, never got reply, I think the reply must be disable by default, or for a 300 members group, i will get tons of replies.

so why this guy is exception?

Comment

Without a lot more information, we dont know!

Maybe people dont use out of office, but the one does....
        Maybe everyone works all the time, but it's his turn to have a holiday....
        Maybe Active Directory is not the best place for this thread...

Moved to Outlook forum
        Please tell us a bit about your environment, including which version of Exchange you are using
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Go ask the guy who u got the out of office from and see what he says.
          Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
          I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
          MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

i never get reply except this one, so i thought by default the distribution group blocks the "out of office" reply, or whatever.

I talked to a web admin, actually, i should get reply.

so now the problem is why i didn't get reply?

since the topic is not welcomed here, just forget about it.

bye.

Comment

It's not the topic, it's WHERE the topic was posted. It was in a sub-forum that has nothing to do with your issue, so it was moved. We're just trying to get more information from you to better clarify the actual issue.
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
              X