Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Messgaes go read after a period of time??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messgaes go read after a period of time??

I have an executive user that says her emails turn to read (unboldened) after a period of time.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Thank is advance.

Re: Messgaes go read after a period of time??

Originally posted by Truck View Post
    I have an executive user that says her emails turn to read (unboldened) after a period of time.

Is there a setting I am missing?

Thank is advance.
    In Tools >> Options >> Reading Pane you have several options affecting when a message is marked as "read". One of them is "Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane" with an additional option for "Wait N seconds before marking item as read".
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

1.) Under Tools...>Options....>I see no "Reading Pane".

2.) She has her reading pane hidden.

Comment

Sorry for the doubles.

After more digging, seems the issue may be cause by her Blackberry. When the BB syncs, it pulls the messages through and marks hem as read.

Any ideas??

Comment

Step 1 - Assure "Mark item as read when selection changes" is not checked on and if 'Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane" is marked allow pently of time.

Tools->Options->Other "Reading Pane"

Step 2 - On the blackberry, assure e-mail reconsilation is set to synchronize wirelessly and "On conflicts" set to "Mailbox Wins.

I know this is very basic but just assure it is not an user end problem (get it!).
          CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, MS Windows 2000, MS Windows XP

Pursuing: CompTIA Security+, Server 2003

Comment

Originally posted by ncruz1980 View Post
            Tools->Options->Other "Reading Pane".
            That's more like it. I forgot the 'Other Tab' part in my explanation. Sorry.
            Wesley David
            LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
            -------------------------------
            Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
            Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
            Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
            Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Originally posted by Nonapeptide View Post
              That's more like it. I forgot the 'Other Tab' part in my explanation. Sorry.
              No problem man...I shoulda actually took a minute to look.

Step 1 - Assure "Mark item as read when selection changes" is not checked on and if 'Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane" is marked allow pently of time.

Tools->Options->Other "Reading Pane"

Step 2 - On the blackberry, assure e-mail reconsilation is set to synchronize wirelessly and "On conflicts" set to "Mailbox Wins.
              I will try this.

I know this is very basic but just assure it is not an user end problem (get it!).
              Believe me...I've been in the game long enough to assume that ALWAYS. I actually tossed it up to that for weeks, but actually witnessed it yesterday.

Thanks, guys!!

Comment

Truck were you able to get arround the problem?
                CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, MS Windows 2000, MS Windows XP

Pursuing: CompTIA Security+, Server 2003

Comment

Working...
                X