Outlook 2007 security alert error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 security alert error

I recently installed Office 2007 on my pc and tried to open Outlook 2007. After several seconds after booting in Online mode, a security alert pops up saying:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cas-01.server.local

Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate.

Checkmark: Security cert is from a trusted certifying auth
    Checkmark: Security cert date is valid

X : Name of the security cert is invalid or does not match the name of the site.

Process YES/NO/ View cert
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I never noticed this when using Outlook 2003. My mailbox is on a Exchange 2007 server. Please help!!!!

Re: Outlook 2007 security alert error

Search works wonders

Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007 Certificate issue - by yuval14
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

A little confused. Is this a certificate issue or do I have to set up autodiscover???

Not really sure why this didn't happen with Outlook 2003. Do I need to create a new certificate for the autodiscover feature??? How do I set up autodiscover????

Comment

As a guess, the certificate has the external DNS name e.g. mail.domain.com
        When you are inside your LAN it is called cas-01.server.local

The warning is that the names do not match
        You can safely say "Yes" to the message
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X