Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 personal folders password

Hi all,
    My boss got this problem today. he is using outlook 2003.We have exchange 2003 and we don't use Active Directory. I already remove office 2003 and reinstall again. but problem is still exist. pls check to attached file and kindly help me. thank!
    Attached Files

Re: Outlook 2003 personal folders password

1. You can't have Exchange without AD.

2. This is a password prompt for the pst file, which appears to be password protected. If your boss doesn't remember the password then you'll need to use a third party utility to recover the password.

Comment

thank for your quick reply. I meant we dont use AD login from XP. Can I delete that file manually and install again the outlook ?

Comment

Not really, unless you don't mind losing the pst file. If you're not interested in preserving the pst file then simply delete the Outlook profile and create a new Outlook profile.

Comment

is that pst file is all his emails? sorry I am just newbie. thank.

Comment

Yes, that's where all his emails are.

Comment

thank. btw, I just test on my pc, I delete outlook.pst file and then i got the error c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\..... outlook.pst doesn't exist. then i remove office and reinstall again office , but still got that error, do i need to restart my pc? thank again

Comment

No, you need to delete the Outlook profile from the Mail applet in Control Panel. Then create a new Outlook profile.

Comment

thank for your help, I let him use from another account and added in the member of administrator. I still want to find out as you said and also to recover the old outlook password.

Comment

Originally posted by examplez View Post
                    also to recover the old outlook password.
                    But you have just deleted the PST file that the password belongs to!

IMHO, if you have Exchange but dont log your PC onto a domain (from post 3 in this thread) you need to get your whole setup looked at!
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                    X