Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deploying MS Outlook 2007 for remote users ( laptop, telecommuters,...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deploying MS Outlook 2007 for remote users ( laptop, telecommuters,...)

Hello,

What the easiest, efficient and secure way to deploy Microsoft Outlook 2007 to remote users? We are also planning to offer OWA but we have just been told that if they have to choose, our end users would rather have MS Outlook 2007( the way they have it in the office!) instead of having to access their mail via the browser with OWA.

My sense is that the easiest to offer them that possibility would be to load the MS Outlook Client on the remote users' machines and configure them to point to the organization's mail server ( Exchange Server 2007) but I don't know if there is a better and more efficient way to handle this.

We have an SonicWall Pro 4060, an ISA Server 2006 and a SonicWall SSL VPN 2000 in our topology and we are placing the CAS Server behind the ISA Server.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Re: Deploying MS Outlook 2007 for remote users ( laptop, telecommuters,...)

That is the best way. Once 2007 is installed it can use auto discovery to find the server and connect. The connection is over https so is secure.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Deploying MS Outlook 2007 for remote users ( laptop, telecommuters,...)

Thanks a lot ! I appreciate your input !

Comment

Working...
      X