No announcement yet.

Outlook 2000 and word attachment files.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2000 and word attachment files.

Hello guys and gals,

I have this odd problem with one of my clinets.. a windows xp machine with outlook 2000 installed on it, when the user recieves an email and a word file attached to it and tries to open it from within the email, the .doc file isnt opened and the users doesn't recieve any error message.

I've tried to remove office 2000 completely (using the office cleaner that came with the resource kit) and reinstall it again under a different folder name, but to no avail.

I was kind of hoping you guys could shed some light on this matter.

Regards,

Joe.

Re: Outlook 2000 and word attachment files.

when the user recieves an email and a word file attached to it and tries to open it from within the email, the .doc file isnt opened and the users doesn't recieve any error message.
    You need to isolate the problem a little further. Is the pst file near or over 2Gb? Try archiving some mail.

If you forward the problem email onto yourself, do you receive it intact & can open it?

I've tried to remove office 2000 completely (using the office cleaner that came with the resource kit) and reinstall it again under a different folder name, but to no avail.
    Try creating a new outlook profile & see if that fixes it.

Comment

Working...
    X