Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Outlook 2k3 pop3 settings

Hello

Is there way to export pop3 mail settings in outlook 2003? I know you can export a mailbox to a PST file but this does not save your pop3 mail server settings. I have a machine with about 20-25 pop accts that i need to save and i really do not want to re-create each individual pop account if i don't have to. The PC that i have this setup on is a winXP pro (sp2) desktop. both the OS and outlook 2k3 are fully patched with all post related security updates.

thanks

Re: Saving Outlook 2k3 pop3 settings

There's no export setting from Outlook that I know of, but it may be saved in the registry.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Right, i didnt think that you could export pop3 mail settings in outlook.
      Do you or does anyone know what hidden directory on the c drive that references these settings? Hypothetically, if i copied the user profile to another machine and logged in , technically all of my pop3 settings will exist. But, i do not want to copy the whole profile over.

is there any 3rd party software that can assist with saving pop3 settings?

Comment

Office 2003 has the option to export all your settings and therefor outlook. On the new machine you inport all settings and your pop3 accounts included.

Robert

Comment

In outlook 2003, if you click file , then import/'export, it will give you the option to IMPORT mail settings from eudora or outlook express. there is no option to export settings which includes your pop3 mail settings? am i missing something? please tell me where in outlook 2003 this can be done.

Comment

When you install office 2003 and choose custom setup there is an option, I think it's under common tools or something - you have to excuse I'm using non-english versions. When installed under Start - Program - Microsoft Office - Tools there should be a shortcut "export import settings" or simular, once again a bit vaig "non-english". What you will be exporting-importing is all your custom settings for your office suit. If you still can't find it I'll have to fire up my pc with office and have a closer look.

Good luck.

Robert

Comment

Working...
            X