No announcement yet.

Appointment invitation changes to next slot in diary

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appointment invitation changes to next slot in diary

I am running SBS2003 SP2 (Exchange SP2) with Outlook 2003/2007 clients. Some (but not all) users experience a problem when receiving meeting invitations:
    • the message arrives with the date and time changed to the next available slot in their diary
    • when they accept it goes to this location without sending a change notification to the organiser
    • if they view/accept the appointment in OWA it opens and stays on the correct time
    • a newly created windows user logged on to the same PC does not experience the problem
    • I believe that the problem happens with all external meeting requests but not all internal ones (it is possible that it doesn't happen at all with
      internal requests but I am trying to verify conflicting reports on this).
    • running Outlook in safe mode makes no difference
    I have seen other similar issues described on the MS communities forum (this problem has also been posted there) where the proposed solution was to run outlook.exe /clearviews and delete frmcache.dat - neither of these solutions have worked for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me that might help please?

Many thanks in advance,

Re: Appointment invitation changes to next slot in diary

If the account is deleted, then re-created in Windows and the mailbox re-attached, the problem goes away.

I'd rather not have to do this as a) it is a pain and b) I would like to get to the root cause of the problem.