2 Email address and Outlook Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Email address and Outlook Rules

Here is my situation. I have exchange 2003 running in an ad network. all clients are using Outlook 2003. One of our users have 2 email accounts. [email protected] and [email protected]. the [email protected] is set up a second smtp address under his account. We also have a global address book with all the users listed. what i am trying to do is set an email rule to route all email sent to cfo to a cfo folder. Now that sounds easy enough but when i go to create the rule the cfo automatically resolves to hisname. so if i set to when it sends to cfo move to folder the cfo changes to his name. Also Iíve gone as far as unplugging the network cable while making to rule so that it wouldn't resolve the name. However When a test email is sent to cfo the rule acts just like it's his name and not cfo. It does not appear to be able to differentiate the 2 accounts at all. anyone have any idea's.
    MCSE 2000\2003, A+
    00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

nvm found the solution. you have to set up the outlook rule to find blank in message header and type in To: (space) and the email address you want it to work on.
    MCSE 2000\2003, A+
    00000001-00000011-00000011-00000111

Comment

Create a new contact in your address book with the [email protected] as email address. Now try to create the rule and find the email address from the contacts instead of GAL

Comment

Working...
      X