No announcement yet.

text size

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text size

I have a problem with outlook 2003

When replying to a message the font size is really small.

I have checked the font size in the custom view and they are all set to to be the same but no matter what when you go to reply it shrinks the txt size

Can someone please help??

Re: text size

Is the message received as Plain Text or HTML format? Have you tried changing the Plain Text or HTML formatting in the reply?
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

I am having the same problem with the reply pane as well as my forward pane. Irrespective of which format I receive the mail in (plain text or html), when i try to reply to that mail or forward that mail, the font size becomes very small (this happens only where we are supposed to type the mail an not with the toolbars, address bars etc.). When you finally type it out in these microscopic fonts, and try to see it in the preview pane, the font is normal.

This is very irritating as enlarging the font size is causing the person who is supposed to get the mail get it in extremely large fonts! So I am guessing it has something to do with the resolution of the writing pane when replying or forwarding. In fact, when the scal is enabled, it extends to only 1/4th of the screen.

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 on my windows xp on thinkpad. I have symantec loaded onto my laptop as well. Was wondering if it has to do with some conflicting application or just something to do with Outlook. Can someone help with this problem?
      Last edited by aranwood; 2nd September 2008, 06:09. Reason: adding on the spec i am using

Got your fix! Had the same issues once. When composing your message go to View...>Zoom......>and change your Zoom to 100%. It's set too low.