Can not see contacts from PAB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not see contacts from PAB

Not sure this is the right forum, but I imagine this is an outlook question.
    Custommer running Outlook 2003 on Vista in a SBS 2003 environment with Exchange 2003.

Has reintalled PC, and imported data to Outlook from an external device. Can now not see his any contacts from his personal address book. I have looked at the properties for his contacts and the option to show this folder as a outlook address book is grayed out (not available).

I have checked this both for his personal folders and his post box.

Regards

Ulf Holt

Re: Can not see contacts from PAB

Did they join the PC to the SBS domain using the Wizard or was it a manual join?
    Is it actually a PAB (Personal Address Book) or are you refering to the Contacts address book?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Domain was joined using the Wizard. He can not see any of his contacts when he tries to compose a mail, but he can open his contacts and then compose a mail, which is a bit troublesome.

I am not an expert on Outlook, and honestly I don't know the difference betwen PAB and contacts.

Comment

Try deleting the OST file and let Exchange/Outlook recreate it.

I think the address book you are refering to is the OAB (Outlok Address Book). You can also install a PAB (Personal Address Book). The PAB is an older address book version that has been replaced by the OAB but most likely has been left in Outlook for Microsoft's legacy policy that ends up creating bloatware.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

As Biggles says the PAB is an older version of the current OAB.

If the user has been using a PAB then you will need to add one for it to work.

Comment

Working...
          X