Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 centrally store data

Hi

I have 3 pcs using xp pro on a workgroup. We have added a NAS to centrally store data.
    I have moved the PST files to the NAS, But can't find how to do the same for email accounts or signatures.
    I am aware of programs to buy that control signatures, but control is not my problem, is it possible to amend the registry so outlook only looks to the NAS for all its infomation?

Thanks

Ian

Re: Outlook 2007 centrally store data

You could look at Roaming Profiles, where you point the whole user profile at a shared drive on the NAS

Alternatively, you could consider SBS (Small Business Server) which will give you many advantages including Microsoft Exchange
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Outlook 2007 centrally store data

I should point out here that Microsoft SPECIFICALLY state that PST files should be LOCALLY stored; the latency inherent in network communications leads to rapid and severe corruption of larger PST files and they grow rapidly.

I would recommend SBS... everything is done by wizard and you get a whole host of functions for your money that you simply couldn't get any other way; and it caters for up to 75 users.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
      X