Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big problem, Outlook 2007 and Solid State Disks (SSD)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big problem, Outlook 2007 and Solid State Disks (SSD)

I've a user with a Dell laptop that was purchased with a 64GB Samsung SSD, and ever since getting the laptop at the start of 2008 he's had a severe problem with it where the laptop regularly hangs for 30 seconds or so. The cause of the problem has been narrowed down to Outlook 2007 !.

Recently whilst conducting more reasearch on this I came across the following...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940226

... so I now have hard evidence that there is an issue with Outlook 2007 and SSD's.

OK, now how the heck do I find out what Microsoft are actualy doing to try and fix this issue ?. If I contact them will they let me discuss this with the 'Outlook Product Team' ?, also how far away could the fix be as if it's months away I'm going to have to argue with Dell to get the SSD swapped over with a standard HDD

Thanks.

Re: Big problem, Outlook 2007 and Solid State Disks (SSD)

It looks like to discuss this with Microsoft I'll have to pay for a one off support call, I'm a little unhappy with this as they've admitted via the article above that there's a known problem

Comment

Don't you get your money back if it is a known fault?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I probably would get a deal from our Dell account manager, but I'd rather have the problem with Outlook 2007 fixed as the laptop would be a dman good one with the SSD and no problems...

Comment

I meant from Microsoft.
          If they prove the fault is caused by their product and it is a bug then they refund the money for the call.
          Obviously you would need to make sure it isn't anything else first. The price isn't bad for a company though to be fair.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
          X