No announcement yet.

language setting problem??? - chinese characters / html to plain text switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• language setting problem??? - chinese characters / html to plain text switch

Hello!

I use outlook 2003 for work (not on a server).
    I have lots of contacts in China - only some contacts have this issue; and not all the time.

1. some messages created by me in html are switching to plain text on sending (when viewed in sent mail). this is also happening when I reply or forward - only sometimes and only to Chinese contacts
    2. some messages created in html are viewing in 'sent items' fine but when replied to by the recipient (in China) they have lost formatting and are full of chinese characters and/or boxes and ??????? marks. Again, this is not 100% of the time from the same contact. Colors that were used by sender are missing (I suppose this means it is switching from html to plain text)
    3. I have fiddled with just about every language setting option I can find to no avail
    4. all presets/options are switched to draft/forward/send in html, I don't have plain text switched on anywhere, including receiving
    5. there seems to be no rhyme or reason I can figure out as to when and why. A message can be sent through from or to the same contact just fine, and then the next one will have this issue

I sincerely hope I've given enough info to help me. I'm tenacious - but now I'm completely stumped!

thanks!
Working...
X