Messages automatically deleting from Outlook, no rules set, default views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages automatically deleting from Outlook, no rules set, default views

A user is having an issue with an automated e-mail automatically deleting itself from his inbox. The e-mail that is being generated and sent to him comes from an internal address sent by AS/400. When using OWA as the user with Outlook closed the e-mail will download to his inbox, however when Outlook is opened the e-mail will delete itself. There are no rules in use in the user's Outlook and a search on the user's mailbox doesn't return anything when searching for the subject title or the sending e-mail address. The issue occurs when the user is running in both cached and non cached mode. I've had a similar problem with another user and fixed it by deleting the temp files from c$. I'm pretty much at a loss for what could be causing this except im certain it is an issue with Outlook or something relating to Outlook. If it makes any difference the user is running Office 2003 SP3. Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas on what may be happening.

Regards,

jmtoman

Re: Messages automatically deleting from Outlook, no rules set, default views

Have you tried re-creating his Outlook profile on the computer?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yeah I've deleted his OST on his machine and created new profile. Also created his profile on another machine, no luck. Also profiles running without cached mode enabled don't seem to help at all.

Comment

Only guessing but either a local PST is being used for emails so they are in that rather than the inbox (sure you've checked that) or anti-virus/anti-spam locally or on the Exchange?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X