Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2002 - Private Emails / Word Editor

Good Morning Everyone,

I have an odd issue where if someone sends a person an email marked as private and the recipient has Word as their email editor they are able to modify the email which they are not supposed to. If I have the recipient change it to not use Word as their editor they are not able to modify the original email.

Any ideas why Word would enable something they shouldn't be able to do? I cannot find any supporting documentation from Microsoft on this issue.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Re: Outlook 2002 - Private Emails / Word Editor

Can you clarify how they are able to edit it, or better yet, take a screenshot of it and post it here?

Also, when you say Outlook 2002, do you mean XP, 2003, or the actual Outlook 2002 (which was Mac only)?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Outlook 2002 - Private Emails / Word Editor

We are using Office XP. We are going to Office 2007 soon.

I send an email as "private" to a user. They do not have Word as their editor. They reply or forward the message and are unable to modify the orginal text of the email (which is exactly how it should work). They receive an error attached.

If the user does have Word, they can modify the orginal text of the email without any warnings.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X