RPC over HTTP/S

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPC over HTTP/S

I've configured RPC over HTTP/S using the guides on the forum and it works when I test it on my LAN. The problem I have is when I test it on the WAN it takes about five minutes before it has fully connected and I get the message that it can't connect to my exchange server, but by pressing re-try it continuse to connect and finally it works. I've been searching the internet and I haven't found any answer, has anybody else had this problem and found a solution.

I have this setup: Windows Server 2003 Standard Sp2 with Exchange 2003 Standard Sp2 and Windows XP Sp3 with Outlook 2003 Sp3.

Robert

Re: RPC over HTTP/S

In the Proxy Server properties, have you got "on fast links use http first" ticked?
    According to MS, 128K+ is a fast link, so it may well be looking for a TCP/IP connection before it defaults to https?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Where should I make the change, on the client or on the server?

Robert

Comment

I found it.

It was not checked, I try and post back.

Robert

Comment

Thanks Ossian, you where spot on

Robert

Comment

Quite all right -- glad to have helped!
            (And, as you found, the setting was on the client -- for the benefit of future viewers)
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X