No announcement yet.

Outlook 2003 "red flags" issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 "red flags" issue

Hi i was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this particular outlook problem. In the sent emails folder, I want to be able to see how many of those sent messages were tagged as urgent using the red flag.

I want to see these without having to scroll through all my sent messages, in a bracket beside where it says sent messages. As seen in the screenshot, my inbox shows how many unread messages. I just want my sent folder to show in brackets the number of red flags. I only use red flags so no need to worry about other colours.

I know if i click the flag button on the far right side it will group it and tell me there are 107 flagged msgs, but I like to sort my emails by date, and always have a reminder beside my sent folder to tell me how many emails I have flagged. Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

If anybody could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated, it is quite urgent as it has been bugging me for a long time and I have asked several colleagues, googled etc and have found no solution

Thanks so much!!!

Re: Outlook 2003 "red flags" issue

Create a search for flagged emails and add that search result as a favorite.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Outlook 2003 "red flags" issue

I wouldn't call this an "Outlook problem". This is its normal behavior, if you want it to do something, it's your problem
      The number in the brackets beside every folder shows the number of unread items in the specific folder (that also shows in bold), and it is hardcoded, AFAIK. So making that number to show you something else is not an option.
      Two things come into my mind:
      1) in the Sent Items folder you can sort your view by the FLAG field. This way, you will have all the flagged messages at the top. If you want, you can first group the messages by the SENT field and then by FLAG (if the sent date is important).
      2) you can create a rule that will run on the sent messages, like this:
      Apply this rule after I send the message
        marked as high importance
        move a copy to a specific folder
      I think that the folder should be in the Mailbox, not in Personal Folders. The copy will show as not read, so the number will show in the brackets, beside the folder's name, in bold. Next, you only need to add this folder to the Favorites, and you will be able to see it in the upper part of the Navigation Pane.

Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.