Outlook 2003 - exe switches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2003 - exe switches

Is there a way to open a delegates calendar direct from an exe switch?

For example:
    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe" /select outlook:calendar

Will directly open the users calendar, but I'd like to pop a calendar that the user has delegate access to.

Thanks.

Re: Outlook 2003 - exe switches

Hi Terry
    do you mean open outlook straight in calander?
    instead of inbox?

Comment

I've found this for you,

When you use Outlook 2003 and open other people's calendars as a secondary mailbox in your profile, the calendars will all have the highly descriptive display name of "Calendar". When you open the calendars as a shared calendar the owner's name is used instead.

So... even if you have the calendars open as a secondary mailbox in your profile, add then to the Other Calendars section using the Open a Shared Calendar link in the navigation pane. When you need to view them, click on the calendar in the Other Calendars section.

You can then theoretically use the /Select switch to point to that folder.

I haven't tried it myself just yet but just to give you a few pointers.

Source: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/

Cheers
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks L4ndy,

Good site you linked to their, had a read around and found a way to acheive what I wanted.

"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office1\Outlook.exe" /select "outlook:\\Mailbox - DELEGATE NAME\Calendar"

Is the way to do it.

Regards,
        Terry

Comment

Working...
        X