Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook 2007 problem

Hi Everyone,

We have a really strange issue and I think it has to do with Outlook 2007.

I have a user that works in client services. The user has their own personal email address (for simplicity let's use '[email protected]'). This user is also a member of a distribution group called '[email protected]'.

So here is the problem

Whenever someone sends an email to '[email protected]' and also copies the user in the 'To:' or 'CC:' the user receives it in the distribution list, but not in their own mailbox. The user is the head of the department and typically does not check the distribution mailbox unless there are issues. Well today there was an important email that never got to the users personal mailbox, but it was received in the distribution mailbox.

I think the problem lies in 2007 since we just upgraded the user this week and this is when the problem started. I also tested the case with one of the other members of the department by recreating the issue, but this user was using 2003 and it worked. The user received the email in both their personal mailbox and the distribution mailbox.

Does 2007 have some kind of filter?

Here are some other notes:

User with problem has Windows Vista Professional and Office 2007 Small Business.

User that works has Windows XP Pro /SP2 and Office 2003 Enterprise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Outlook 2007 problem

Originally posted by elbombero View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    This user is also a member of a distribution group called '[email protected]'.

The user is the head of the department and typically does not check the distribution mailbox
    There is something not quite right with this. If it is a distribution list then it doesn't have a mailbox. Do you have an additional mailbox setup that is part of the DL that he checks maybe?

Can you use message tracking to see where the mail was delivered to?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

You are right.... we have a mailbox configured where all the users have access to. After revising the configuration, it's actually not even a distribution list. It's a user called ClientServices and the users have access to this mailbox.

So someone sends an email to [email protected] and also copies the user but it will only show up in the clientservices mailbox.

I've looked at the message tracking and it says that it delivered it locally to both.

Not sure what the deal is.

Comment

If Exchange says it was delivered to his mailbox then I would start checking his mailbox for him. It is likely he has accidentally moved, setup a rule or deleted it. So far I can't remember any time (for me personally) where Exchange has been wrong and a user has been right on that score.
        One other thing to check would be the views that are setup. You can easily test this by resending the email and then checking in OWA or a new Outlook profile setup on a test machine.

Get the original sender to resend and CC you as well as the other user to see if you receive it.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
        X