Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

    Hi,

    I suspect I know the answer to this question after spending the last couple of hours googling, but thought I would double check on here, before giving up on it.

    I have an instance where I want to send out an email to a number of users but I don't want the recipients to know who else it has been sent to, so I'm adding all recipients in to the BCC box. The problem I have is I'd also like to include my manager in the mail, and for him to be able to see who it has been sent to, can anybody tell me if there's anyway in which this can be done?

    We are using a mix of Outlook 2007 \ 2003 (My machine is 2007) and Exchange 2003.

    Any help appreciated

    Thanks

  • #2
    Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

    Blind Copy is just that; blind. As far as I know, the message is sent to each recipient with other recipients stripped from the header; so the only record which exists of who it was sent to is in your Sent Items. You would have to send a separate mail to your boss, telling him who it was sent to.


    Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

    Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

      Yep, that is what I suspected thanks for the reply

      Dale

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

        Originally posted by DaleA View Post
        Hi,

        I suspect I know the answer to this question after spending the last couple of hours googling, but thought I would double check on here, before giving up on it.

        I have an instance where I want to send out an email to a number of users but I don't want the recipients to know who else it has been sent to, so I'm adding all recipients in to the BCC box. The problem I have is I'd also like to include my manager in the mail, and for him to be able to see who it has been sent to, can anybody tell me if there's anyway in which this can be done?

        We are using a mix of Outlook 2007 \ 2003 (My machine is 2007) and Exchange 2003.

        Any help appreciated

        Thanks
        As Stonelaughter said , BCC mails are blaind, and if you go to your send items and FORWARD that mail to your Boss he should be able to see to who you send the mail ( again he can not see the BCCs)

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

          No, Outlook 2007 does NOT show the BCC addresses in the Sent Items copy of the email
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

          ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

            Originally posted by cemarzu View Post
            As Stonelaughter said , BCC mails are blaind, and if you go to your send items and FORWARD that mail to your Boss he should be able to see to who you send the mail ( again he can not see the BCCs)
            You are wrong, and you post information that is not correct. Did you try it? Do it NOW and see if you can see the BCC information in your Sent Items folder.

            Do it NOW.
            Cheers,

            Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

              I did it and I can; but this is not Exchange here at home; it's Outlook as mail client to my POP3/SMTP service using a PST file as mail store.

              I'm surprised, but you CAN see it.


              Tom
              For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

              Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

                I can see them in sent items with Exchange too. If you forward it though it doesn't show them which is what the OP wanted I think.
                cheers
                Andy

                Please read this before you post:


                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

                  Originally posted by danielp View Post
                  You are wrong, and you post information that is not correct. Did you try it? Do it NOW and see if you can see the BCC information in your Sent Items folder.

                  Do it NOW.
                  Of course not Daniel,,,
                  please read my post.... I said that " ...again he can not see the BCCs) "

                  come on even my sun who is 5 knows that !!! and thank you for the minus points...

                  hereismy post again!!!!
                  As Stonelaughter said , BCC mails are blaind, and if you go to your send items and FORWARD that mail to your Boss he should be able to see to who you send the mail ( again he can not see the BCCs)

                  I was writing what i thoght , it might not sound the best way for you, but its a way, thanks.
                  Last edited by cemarzu; 11th July 2008, 10:56.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

                    Erdal, you said:
                    if you go to your send items and FORWARD that mail to your Boss he should be able to see to who you send the mail ( again he can not see the BCCs)
                    This is totally unclear as the first part suggests your boss WILL be able to see the BCCs while the bracket suggests he will NOT.

                    Since the object is to see the BCCs, not the To or CC recipients, your answers appear to add nothing to the debate.

                    btw, the Sun (yours and mine both, unless you are from a different solar system) is some 4.6 Billion years old
                    Tom Jones
                    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                    IT Trainer / Consultant
                    Ossian Ltd
                    Scotland

                    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

                      Originally posted by Ossian View Post
                      btw, the Sun (yours and mine both, unless you are from a different solar system) is some 4.6 Billion years old
                      That's what he said - nearly 5!


                      Tom
                      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

                      Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

                        Originally posted by cemarzu View Post
                        Of course not Daniel,,,
                        please read my post.... I said that " ...again he can not see the BCCs) "

                        come on even my sun who is 5 knows that !!! and thank you for the minus points...

                        hereismy post again!!!!
                        As Stonelaughter said , BCC mails are blaind, and if you go to your send items and FORWARD that mail to your Boss he should be able to see to who you send the mail ( again he can not see the BCCs)

                        I was writing what i thoght , it might not sound the best way for you, but its a way, thanks.
                        Cemarzu, it seems that we have a communication problem here. The question was about seeing BCC, and YOU said that if you fwd an email from your sent items to your boss, he'll be able to see who the email was sent to.

                        I ask again, can the boss see the BCC line if you fwd him any email from the sent items folder?

                        Please test this, and if you're right, then I will be the first one to apologize.

                        As for the negative reputation points, when a forum member brings value to the forum and his or her answers are accurate and beneficial, other forum members give him (or her) positive reputation points. On the other hand, if forum members feel that the answers was either wrong, offensive, misleading or not related to the original post, then they will give negative rep points. I hope this clears things up.
                        Cheers,

                        Daniel Petri
                        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's



                          Daniel. I learned lot of things from you, through your forms, articles... I am trying to come every day in , i have not much time but i am trying to share what i know , what i believe its right , eighter from my experience or knowledge

                          that’s what i understood from the post ( i will read it again once i write this)
                          I will send my Boss the e-mails , i want him too to who i send the mails...
                          My solution was , if he forwards the mail to his boss , the boss can see the OPEN mails ( forwarded, but not BCCs, what he can do for BCC s he can add them again manually )

                          I do not want you to apologise, I see you as my teacher, even though I am a teacher (Trainer) of some of your forum members ( because I do recommend everyone to be a member here)

                          as I wrote before, I am just trying to write what I believe or what i know is right, or I did try once to share some important news from others ( you know what i mean) ....

                          I hope its valuable to some of the members, I have some thank yours and other comments but all my goal is TO EXCHANGE knowledge, to add value to the form and I hope it does, if you feel like it doesnt please let me know

                          Now back to the post...( let me read it 1 more time)
                          The problem I have is I'd also like to include my manager in the mail, and for him to be able to see who it has been sent to, can anybody tell me if there's anyway in which this can be done?

                          I did try to answer this part him to be able to see who it has been sent to
                          but after reading all the post i believe the question was purely regarding BCC..

                          I will be not shay to apologise, if necessary...
                          But did you see my point as well?
                          Thank you for all your efforts and I am sorry for any inconvenience
                          Erdal
                          PS: If you ask me to stop posting I can do that also ( I do not like to be banned)

                          PS: Stonelaughter , you got the point :P , Ossian thanks for getting the spell mistake in a good way )

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

                            Case closed then, let's all go and get a beer or something similar, shall we?

                            Cheers,

                            Daniel Petri
                            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
                            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Allowing an email recipient to see BCC's

                              Originally posted by danielp View Post
                              Case closed then, let's all go and get a beer or something similar, shall we?

                              Beer sounds good

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X