How To Export from Windows Mail to Outlook Exchange

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Export from Windows Mail to Outlook Exchange

How to I export mails from WIndows Mail to Outlook Exchange without causing them to synchronise back to the Exchange server?

If I do the export from WIndows Mail to Outlook, It creates a folder named local folders in the Outlook PST.

I disabled send/Receive for that folder in the outlook options but it still is synchronising with the Exchange server.

If I try to move that folder to a newly created PST, it gives an error about not being able to move a top level fodler into a subfolder or folder and you should have the appropriate rights.

I am the local administrator.

The old mails are of the size of around 500MB. Don't wanna crash the Exchange server

Re: How To Export from Windows Mail to Outlook Exchange

Outlook Exchange? This does not exist. Do you mean Outlook XP/2003/2007?

By Windows Mail, do you mean the basic email software that comes with Vista?

Is this a one time transfer of emails, or do you want Outlook to check this mail account?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: How To Export from Windows Mail to Outlook Exchange

500 MB is not that big for a pst file ( I saw more than 8 GB )

As Wired said tell the right software name so we can give you the right steps , because different versions may have different steps

In Windows Mail ( VISTA edition) and outlook you can use FILE - IMPORT - EXPORT menu and create a .PST file... ( EXPORT in this step)

than in your other pc you can import the files localy and it should not get sycn'ed with your exchange server

Comment

Working...
      X