Outlook messages are appear as text not html

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook messages are appear as text not html

I have tried everything I can find and everything I can think of. My incoming email messages are being converted to text instead of being html. What I end up seeing is lots of hyperlinks instead of embeded pictures. Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Outlook messages are appear as text not html

What version of Outlook do you have?

Assuming Outlook 2003:

Tools -> Options -> Mail Format Tab

Where it says "Compose in this message format", change to HTML.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

That works for outgoing emails and was not the problem. The issue is incoming emails. When I view then using outlook 2003, they show as text and not HTML.

Comment

It seems that the problem is (was) being caused by AVG 8. When I disabled AVG in Outlook Options Other Advanced Options, everythings went back to normal.

Comment

I too upgraded to AVG 8.0 and all my emails are in text format. Can you please list specific instructions on how to disable AVG in Outlook. I have Outlook 2007 running on MS Vista. Thanks!

Comment

You may want to find a REAL solution. Why bother having an AV solution if you don't use it at all?
            ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Wired- you are right. I now am using avast! By the way, if anyone is using AVG, just reboot your computer once you disable. All your emails that you did open will not convert back to HTML, but all the ones you receive after the reboot will.

Comment

Working...
              X