Remove parenthesis format in outlook 2003 contacts phone number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove parenthesis format in outlook 2003 contacts phone number

Is there a way this can be done? I have searched over the web and have found it is hard coded and it can't be changed. Any ideas?

Re: Remove parenthesis format in outlook 2003 contacts phone number

anything??

Comment

I'm presuming you mean removing these ()??

I don't know of any way to do that.

You could however have a look here

http://www.slipstick.com/config/olphone.htm

Comment

I have already came across that. it doesn't work for outlook 2003. Thanks though

Comment

What are you trying to achieve? Maybe there is another way of getting that result without removing them (assuming they can't be)?
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

i am just trying to remove the () so in contacts it adds (702) 555-5555. I want to be able to do 702-555-5555

Comment

The only solution I can think of is to export your entire address book, make the changes (search and replace) and import back.

Make sure you add a '1' before each phone number otherwise outlook will auto format it back with the '('
              "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

I thought of that. I have 60 users’ I would need to do this too. And then for future contacts also. So I think I am just stuck with it.

Comment

Yikes.
                  Can I ask why you need them all gone? for all 60 users?

I agree that there should be more options about phone number formating but I have learned to live with it.

maybe a cutom form......hmm, gotta check that
                  "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Well we use navision. We are having it sync with everyones outlook. We don't want them being put into navision in that format.

Comment

Have you investigated different regional settings to see if another one gives you what you want?
                      Tom Jones
                      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                      IT Trainer / Consultant
                      Ossian Ltd
                      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yep. i have already tried this.

Comment

Working...
                        X