No announcement yet.

Can not Sync Smartphone with Outlook 2003

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not Sync Smartphone with Outlook 2003

Ok, I hope I am in the right place as this is my first post. Please send me where I should be if I am in error.

I have 2 HTC Mogul smartphones and am looking to set up to sync with my outlook 03. I had both established at one point, and then all of a sudden, I was unable to get one to connect. I received a "ActiveSync can not connect to the windows mobile device". I scan the connection and go through all the trouble shooting steps identified here ( ) but nothing works. I have re-installed ActiveSync 4.5, but that didn't work either.

So today, I went to a second computer, and sync'd both with this new laptop to get all my info onto this single source. I then completely deleted/reformated my phones and re-imported all the items I sync'd out.

Both phones are working fine and all data is back.

Now, when I go back to the original computer, NEITHER of my phones is identified when I try to connect.

Obviously, the problem is on the PC and not the phones (I hope that's obvious... as I could easily be wrong ). Not sure where to go from here other than digging into the PC and that is beyond my skills without help. So... help... please. I have done my share of web surfing and there is always a chance that I picked something up while out wandering; but I'm not even sure where to start.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can not Sync Smartphone with Outlook 2003

I have found on some machines/phones you need to either enable or disable the advanced USB functionality. It is in the menu, something like connections / USB. Might be worth a try.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Re: Can not Sync Smartphone with Outlook 2003

Yeah, that was something I tried. Enabled USB on both phone and PC.

Also, I was able to Sync the phones to my laptop, so the issue resides on the PC.